Thursday, August 20, 2009

French fry soup

I have been demoted to "Kari". Jadie Ruth says "you're not my mom, Kari. Naomi is my mom and she takes good care of me. She feeds me french fry soup". Naomi really does "take good care" of her. She, when she's not taking things or hitting her, she dotes over her just like her own child. She is the helper and Jadie Ruth is the needy one. Granted, this is not always the case, but it seems to be today. Jadie Ruth is so dramatic and while Naomi can definitely have her moments, she seems to be a bit more even keeled. She is a giver and will do most things for her sister- climb up onto the couch to turn on the light that Jadie Ruth can easily reach. If she picks up something that Jadie Ruth has played with in the last hour and Jadie Ruth has a total melt down because it is MINE, I ask Jadie Ruth if she asked Naomi to give it back and, of course, the answer is "no". When Jadie Ruth calms down enough to ask nicely, most of the time Naomi simply hands it back- no problems, no drama. It's pretty funny, considering she's 2. Earlier, they were sitting on the self made choo-choo train (yes, it's a common occurrance around here). Naomi was taking blocks out of the box one by one and placing them around Jadie Ruth saying with each placement "fee-oo bedda...fee-oo bedda (feel better)".
They also like to play "have a baby". Since we had Isaiah at home, my girls were sufficiently schooled in home labor and delivery. They watched many a home birth video (yes, including the baby coming out). Anyway, Jadie Ruth is always the one having the baby and she always tells me that Naomi is her midwife. It is amazing to watch Naomi "coach" Jadie Ruth and do all the midwife things. She adjusts pillows, strokes her head, talks softly to her saying "iss OK, sis-sa". All the while, Jadie Ruth has a stuffed animal crammed under her shirt and is "oooooo" ing. Then they both jump up and yell "it's a boy, it's a boy!!!"....just like their mama. It's amazing, really and truly sweet. Naomi has a true servant spirit. When we named Naomi, I wanted to speak that closeness into their relationship just as Ruth and Naomi in the bible. It's amazing to really see it come to pass, even in their childhood.

Ok- I need to go, but I have more to say on this and will edit it later.

1 comment:

  1. I love hearing about the goings-on in your house! Thanks for taking the time to put it out here for the cyberworld to read. :-) I especially like the midwifery scene.

    Nana

    ReplyDelete