Thursday, July 14, 2011

Summer

Oh man, more than one post in a year!! Boy am I getting back to it. It is summer...my sister's birthday in fact (atleast for a couple more minutes). Eden is 6 months old. She is precious and fat and happy...mostly. She has been a tricky baby. She is finally sleeping through the night. It was crazy. She went from up and wanting ti nurse multiple times a night to sleeping from 7 or 8pm to 6 or 7am. Granted, it took several very long nights to get there, but get there we did and I feel like a different person. I don't do well with sleep deprivation for extended periods of time. Not that many people do. So, Isaiah is officially in his terrible 2s. He can be super sweet, but he is also fully capable of clocking his sisters in the head with a wooden toy. Everyone being home together this summer has proven to be an interesting time, so far. He bites Naomi. But Naomi is the only person that he bites. It seems to be payback to Naomi, who went through a faze of only biting Jadie Ruth. Payback or not, it's still not nice. Although Isaiah has a hard time learning the lessons that go along with his consequences. And consistency becomes more and more difficult with more children. I do make a valliant effort, though. Jadie Ruth is having Spanish reading tutoring with Sra Atkins , which has been fun. She has a new incentive chart to keep her interested and we have all enjoyed ice cream as a result of her reading her Spanish books and doing her homework. I am proud of her. She and Naomi are becoming quite the little swimmers and their teacher told me that Jadie Ruth will probably be ready for swim team next year......following in her Daddy's foot steps. Makes me a proud mama. Anyway, I am hallucinating it is so late...not really, but I am timed and it is late, so away I go. See you in a few months, maybe.

1 comment: